Thư mời quan tâm – Consulting services of implementation support (BRT1-CS4A)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
HO CHI MINH CITY GREEN TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: 5654-VN
Assignment Title: Consulting services of implementation support
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): BRT1-CS4A
- The Socialist Republic of Vietnam has received a credit from the World Bank through Financing Agreement No. 5654-VN dated July 09, 2015 in order to implement the Ho Chi Minh City Green Transport Development project. The Client intends to use a part of this credit to pay for package BRT1-CS4A “Consulting services of implementation support” under the Ho Chi Minh City Green Transport Development project that includes two (02) main components:
- Component 1: Development of a Bus Rapid Transit corridor along Vo Van Kiet – Mai Chi Tho highway and overall terminal equipment, stations, parkings, strengthened lanes and relevant transport connection and management works along the corridor;
- Component 2: Capacity strengthening including training and capacity strengthening activities for relevant organizations in transport sector.
And a technical assistance project to HCMC Green Transport Development project financed by State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) fund entrusted to the World Bank will contribute to improve the performance and efficiency of public transport along a high priority corridor in HCMC. The components under the SECO technical assistance project do not overlap with those under the main project. The additional components include:
- Integrated urban development based on Transit Oriented Development (TOD) principles;
- Transport planning for enhanced connectivity which supports the integration of BRT with other modes of transport;
- Capacity strengthening for UCCI in the implementation of the GTD project as well as the activities under the additional financing; and the corporate and business capacity of relevant authorities.
- The consulting service (hereinafter mentioned as “the Service”) includes:
Provision of support to implement the projects to strengthen the capacity of UCCI with the four (04) key tasks as follows:
- Task 1: Organization of project management, coordination, planning and schedule controlling;
- Task 2: Providing support in procurement and overall contract management;
- Task 3: Providing support in risk management and legal advisory;
- Task 4: Providing support in the organization of training and capacity strengthening.
Contract period: 44 months (The assignment is expected to commence from December 2016)
Project cost: 124 million USD for the HCMC Green Transport Development project and 10.5 million USD for the technical assistance project to the HCMC Green Transport Development project (SECO).
- The Urban-Civil Works Construction Investment Management Authority of Ho Chi Minh City (UCCI), who is authorized to act on behalf Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee to carry out project planning and management, would like to invite eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (Information on experience in similar contracts, technical and management capacity, revenue in recent years, professional staff capacity etc.); and the shortlisting criteria include:
- Experience of the firm: The consulting firm must highlight the qualification of the firm such as general experience involving similar assignment undertaken and specific experience for implementation management support assignments in the 4 areas of work required involving public transportation projects (preferably BRT projects) in the last 15 years.
- Qualifications and Capacity of the firm: The shortlisted firms shall be the consulting firms having sufficient professional Specialists with professional experience in relation to the consulting service to implement the package as per requirements (Firms are not required to include individual experts’ bio data or CV’s of personnel in the EOIs but should state the number of experts that they have available that fit the shortlisting criteria).
- Financial capacity: The shortlisted firms need to demonstrate the soundness of their financial positions, and provide the audited financial statements of the last 3 years (2013, 2014 and 2015).
Interested consultants must provide information (brochures, documentations, description of core business and years in business, qualification in the field of the assignment, technical and management organization, general qualification and number of key staff, performance experiences including experience in similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills staff, financial capability, eligibility, form of association, etc.) indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. However the EOIs should be limited to 30-40 pages (excluding relevant supporting documents).
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised in July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or with a subconsultancy to enhance their qualifications. In case of forming association, consultants should indicate in their Expression of Interest that whether they will associate in the form of a joint venture or sub-consultancy arrangem It is noted that in case of joint venture, all members of joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for execution of contract and one member shall be appointed to represent the joint venture.
- The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday.
- Expressions of Interest must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person, by mail, by fax, or by e-mail) by 15:00 (local time) June 07, 2016.
URBAN-CIVIL WORKS CONSTRUCTION INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY OF HO CHI MINH CITY – UCCI
Attention : Mr. Luong Minh Phuc, General Director
Address : No 03 Nguyen Thi Dieu Street, Ward 6, District 3,
Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Tel : + 84-8-3 9330 502 Fax: + 84-8-3 9306 638
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org